Every ENTJ is a bit different, but how does this sound?
Your natural gifts make you:
- Impatience with what they perceive as incompetence or inefficiency
- Difficulty expressing vulnerability
- Tendency to be controlling or overbearing
- Work-life balance
- Difficulty receiving feedback
- You're a natural leader. Your confidence and charisma are inspiring, and people often look to you for guidance. You envision a future you want, and you effectively make plans to turn that into reality.
- You clearly see the big picture, and you like to be in a position of power. But it's not about power for its own sake. You want the capacity to create change in the world—to make things happen. You're ambitious, assertive, and enthusiastic.
- Your drive can come at a cost, though. You're always focused on the next goal, so you can have trouble switching off and relaxing. You might often prioritize efficiency and task completion over personal relationships and emotional well-being (in both yourself and others).
- Your analytical mind is always focused on learning and optimizing—whether for a business plan or a personal project. But this can make you impatient with people who don't move at your pace or share your same priorities. Because you have such high standards, you can become critical of others and dismissive of their ideas.
- You love competition and thrive on solving hard challenges. This can make some people perceive you as intense or confrontational. They might feel like it's hard for their voices to be heard around you. You're highly practical, so you can sometimes lose patience with people you perceive as inefficient or overly emotional.
- You yourself might also have a confusing relationship with feelings. You have trouble being vulnerable, and you might not realize how much you're affected by emotion. You might also struggle with receiving feedback, especially related to "touchy-feely" subjects.
You struggle to understand and express your feelings.
How would your life be different if you could transform…
- Hesitancy or discomfort with being vulnerable
- Dealing with your anger and frustration
- Struggling sometimes with confidence, and wanting to be liked and understood
- Seeing vulnerability not as a weakness, but as a way of connecting more deeply with people
- Discovering healthy ways of releasing the pressure valve without harmful consequences
- Feeling loved by yourself and others, and being seen as someone who has feelings too
It’s difficult to be accepting and tolerant of others’ faults.
How would it feel to go…
- Perfectionism, and having unrealistic standards for yourself and others
- Difficulty being empathetic and understanding others' emotional needs
- Judgment of others for being too emotional or needy
- Learning how to relax, lean back, and allow things to be "good enough"
- Developing the skill of empathy, so you can be a better leader, parent, friend, partner, etc.
- Recognizing that humans are naturally emotional creatures and that's not a defect
You’re a natural leader, but it’s hard when everything doesn’t feel within your control.
What would it be worth to shift…
- Trusting others to do things their own way
- Difficulty being open to other people’s ideas
- Worrying that you or your team aren’t being productive enough
- Being willing to delegate instead of micromanaging
- Understanding the value of a diversity of ideas (and the substantial negative effect on others if they feel shut down by you)
- Learning how to improve your productivity with work-life balance and mental, physical, and emotional health in mind
I'm Michael, a coach who helps ENTJ's transform
I spent most of my 20's and early 30's waiting for my "real life" to start.
I had been completely stuck in my head and out of touch with my feelings and needs. I had no idea how to ask for what I needed to feel deeply nourished. I knew that I hated surface-level conversations, but I didn't understand how to create something different. So, I ended up just judging other people as shallow instead and feeling disconnected and lonely.
I finally couldn't take it anymore, so I devoted three years to pushing myself outside my comfort zone to transform my life. I learned a lot about setting boundaries, knowing what I need to feel energized and driven, and finding the right balance between my analytical mind and my embodied emotions.
I created my life purpose, made some dramatic changes to myself and my lifestyle, and finally began to understand what self-love and authentic aliveness feel like.
I'd like to help you feel that too.
I work with leaders and team members at companies like:
Plus, employees and entrepreneurs from 6 continents—in industries as diverse as crypto, government, education, tech startup, health & wellness, and beyond.
My client list includes executives & founders, product managers, teachers, doctors, consultants, artists, coaches, grad school students, data analysts, a librarian, a zookeeper, and more.
I'd like to earn your trust, as I have with these people:
This experience has been life-changing. Michael is very helpful, respectful, and an interesting person that I look forward to seeing every time.
I knew within 30 seconds of our first call that Michael was someone I wanted by my side.
Here was someone who could finally see me, as I truly was deep down. And that eventually helped me fully see myself.
Back then, it felt like life was acting upon me, and I was suffering professionally and in my relationships.
I really don’t feel any of that now. I had been grasping for solutions through a certain lens, and Michael helped me find a completely different set of lenses that make everything look different.
Those negative feelings haven’t all gone away entirely. But my reality has completely changed, and I feel so much more able to meet them those challenges.
Michael's program felt very much like Jedi training on Dagobah with Master Yoda.
I feel like I am in a great place now after our last session. Everything is falling into place and I feel good. Thanks so much for your help.
Oh my God, I’m convinced.
I thought for sure I was an ENTJ. I could never believe that I was an ESFP because I don’t fit into the typical ESFP stereotypes. I managed to get through med school!
But hearing you explain it as you did, it just makes perfect sense now. This explains so much.
I’m afraid of this work I have to do but I know it’s what I need.
Thank you, this was a pleasure!
This is not at all what I thought coaching would be like.
We ended up doing something totally different than I had been looking for (or thought I needed), but I'm surprised to say it was amazingly effective.
In the time I've been working with Michael, I was elected Vice President of my organization. I’ve felt my perpetual guilt disappear around work, and I find myself worrying less about what I can’t control.
I’ve even had some very philosophical revelations about what life is all about. I feel really good, thank you.
I kept walking away with one refreshing insight after another. Michael admirably applies praise where deserved and tends to avoid positivity for positivity’s sake. He does not judge – he seeks to understand. His inquisitive nature and mannerisms are a refreshing blend of friendly banter, humor, and understanding that are hard to find and very much appreciated.
There is great peace of mind in knowing that at least one person outside of my family can be absolutely trusted with my most confidential musings about my career.
He has an uncanny ability to say something back to me in a way that’s more coherent than how I first said it. When I hear my thoughts stated back to me it brings a certain permanence, conviction, and power to them I am challenged to replicate on my own.
I can’t thank Michael enough, and I wholeheartedly encourage you to take advantage of his gift.
I am floored.
This was truly a feeling I don't think I have ever felt before. I have so much to think about after our session.
This was a truly wonderful experience, thank you.
Perhaps you are a person who gets sucked into tunnel vision and struggles to remain present and enjoy the process without obsessing over future outcomes. A person who wishes you had a translator for your own thoughts.
If so, time spent with Michael may be just what you need. His gentle, open-minded insights make him the perfect sounding board for intuitive persons who face the daily struggle of feeling misunderstood.
Michael has helped me to examine my own thought patterns and motivations more objectively. He is a truly gifted counselor, and time with him has proved to be a valuable step toward acquiring deeper self-knowledge.
I’m getting stuck in overthinking so much less often.
It’s like my gut instinct is coming to me now with a whole army instead of just a few horsemen.
I feel I have been heard. Michael is truly open minded. His responses were for me specifically and not just for all *NTPs.
He has been a genuine and honest set of bricks to start building a foundation with. He conveys positive messages in a way that makes me consider them deeply.
I could walk away from working with him at any point and feel accomplished and sated, but I don't because every session has proven useful.
I couldn’t say he is everyone’s cup of tea because that does not exist, but if previous attempts at self improvement have gone poorly for you, I wouldn’t write off searching until you've looked into his offerings.
Thank you so much for being the absolute best life coach ever.
I have no clue what I’d have done and where I would be without your help.
I feel lucky to have Michael on my team. We started working together as I was planning a life transition. He supported me by guiding me past self-doubt and into my body's natural sense of where it wants to go — clarity.
In our ongoing work, Michael provides open-ended perspectives on situations that I can tend to see as more closed-off. He has so many tools, resources, and experiences that give me confidence that he can add a lot to my journey. Our sessions give me a boost and let me step forward with some really healthy attitudes.
The insights and ideas we shared together took me from a very restless and uncertain Point A, to the trail with a map and the makings of a plan, to a Point B that aligns with my values and needs.
For now, I will live in this moment that I’ve worked toward. Thank you for helping me get here.
I’d fallen into such a deep depression and hit rock bottom. It seemed like I wasn’t getting anything important done.
But after talking with you, I feel energized and back on track. I can do this!
I was talking with a colleague, and they commented on my high energy lately and impressive systems I have in place. They asked what my secret is, and I told them it’s that I’m working with an excellent coach.
So thank you very much. I appreciate being able to talk through my problems with you.
“Michael listened and wanted to know what would work for us. He didn't just give us a cookie cutter training. He simplified concepts in a way that allowed us to understand.”
—Anonymous feedback from a workshop for senior executives at a Fortune 1000 company
“In relatively short notice, Michael stepped in and let our Senior Leadership Team through a very impactful workshop on an incredibly important topic. We couldn't have started this journey without him.”
—Trever (INTP), technology director at a top management consulting firm
How can I work with you? How much do you charge?
Thanks for your interest in coaching with me. Below you'll find information on several types of offerings: one-on-one coaching, group coaching & workshops, and my blog.
I've put a lot of thought into the most logical, fair, and ethical way to price my services.
Conversations about money tend to bring out a lot of feelings (on both sides), and I want to approach that complexity with the nuance and care it deserves.
So, this will require just a little more work to understand than "pay me $X."
If you're curious, I wrote a whole philosophical article where I break down in detail how I arrived at this set of policies. (All this has evolved a bit too since I wrote that post back in early 2021.)
I intentionally aim to serve a variety of people in my practice—including groups who have historically had less access to coaching due to systemic oppression (e.g., 43% of my clients are people of color).
At the same time, this is my primary source of income, and I need to be able to run a sustainable business.
So, here's the model I've arrived at:
Sliding-scale (variable pricing):
I offer the same service at multiple price points based on need (honor system, no proof required). But paying the highest price you can afford allows me to offer much lower-priced coaching to people who couldn't otherwise afford it.
Pay for sessions in bundles of three:
This simplifies the bureaucracy and makes our relationship feel less transactional. If paying for three sessions at once feels challenging for you, let's talk about it.
First session is free:
Let's make sure we're the right fit for each other. So much of coaching comes down to trust, chemistry, and connection. Each coach has a different style, so I want to make sure you feel comfortable with mine.
Commit to at least two sessions per month:
Roughly half my clients see me weekly, and half every other week. I sometimes make exceptions to see people less frequently, but that slows our progress and makes it harder for me to stay up-to-date with your life.
Most importantly, let’s be real with each other:
I’m not a big faceless corporation charging one fixed price for a product. And you’re a complex human with a lot of different types of expenses in your life. Let’s have a real authentic conversation about what you can afford that’s fair to both of us. Let's come at this as a team trying to solve a challenge together.
Have any questions?
My Sliding Scale
Please do your own research if you'd like a comparison for coaching rates.
But I can tell you that $200-500 USD per session is a common price charged by my peers with similar experience and credentials.
Below are my rates for a 50-minute session (again, this is the same service being offered at each price tier).
Here's what else you'll get by working with me:
- I'll start off by sending you a detailed questionnaire to help us get to know each other—and, more importantly, to help you get crystal clear on your goals for coaching.
- I'll customize my coaching style based on your personality type (I'm very familiar with several powerful typing systems).
- This isn't one-size-fits-all advice. We'll co-create a unique personal growth trajectory just for you. I'll bring in techniques from Co-Active coaching, Hakomi counseling, and much more—whatever is most appropriate for your specific challenges.
- You'll be the first to hear about my new projects, tools, Mastermind groups, and other offerings.
- You'll also get access to me via email between sessions (for example, if you'd like me to review your resume or answer a time-sensitive question). And, as we work together, I might share worksheets, articles, or podcasts that make me think of you.
Which one best describes your situation?
Standard Rate A
- You earn over $170K USD/year
- Or, you can buy pretty much whatever you want without saving up
- Or, your company will be paying for this
- Bonus: By paying this rate, you allow me to offer lower-priced coaching to someone with a marginalized identity (thank you!)
Standard Rate B
- You earn over $120K USD/year (before tax, including bonuses)
- Or, you regularly spend $200+ USD on non-necessities without needing to save up
- You earn under $120K USD/year (before tax, including bonuses)
- Or, you regularly spend $50+ USD on non-necessities without needing to save up
- You earn under $50K USD/year (before tax, including bonuses) and have very little disposable income (after paying for basic necessities)
- And, you identify as part of a historically marginalized group such as LGBTQIA+ or BIPOC (or you face other systemic discrimination)
Group Coaching, Masterminds, Workshops,
I periodically open up spots in my Mastermind program specifically designed to help you solve 3 of the top challenges people come to me with: focusing down to finish ideas, making decisions, and dealing with cycles of low motivation/energy.
Also, sign up below to be the first to hear about other new programs, tools, and writing.
If paid coaching doesn't fit into your current financial situation, you can check out my free tools and blog posts.