Great, you might be an ENFP!
Your natural gifts make you:
- Depression, feeling shut down or stifled when micromanaged or inhibited
- Self-doubt, feeling incompetent
- Being lost in the clouds, focusing too much on imagined futures
- Feeling pressured to make decisions too quickly
- Pulled to try to get things out of the way immediately but then making a mess of them
Every ENFP is a bit different, but how does this sound?
- You're a passionate, charismatic, and excitable advocate who loves performing or speaking in front of an audience. You have excellent communication and people skills. You're able to connect with anyone, inspire and energize groups, and help people experience emotions.
- But, you really rely on affirmation from others, and you can can seem surprisingly introverted at times. You need alone time to be creative, seek inspiration, and fully feel your feelings (since that's how you make decisions).
- You love expressing yourself, but you can shut down if that doesn't feel allowed or welcome. You're an imaginative dreamer who's willing to make bold moves to follow your dreams. This can feel sudden or over-the-top to others, and sometimes you struggle with confidence and self-acceptance.
- You can also experience particularly challenging emotions under stress. Especially when you're feeling under-resourced, you might get nitpicky, controlling, or depressed, causing you to withdraw from connection.
- You might be a great coach, camp counselor, inspirational speaker, HR leader, performer, teacher, improv actor, or any number of other things. It's hard for you to sit still doing any one thing for too long. Your spirit is always reaching toward your next hobby, interest, or passion project. You might get lost in the clouds sometimes, but you also have the power to inspire people.
Does that resonate? If not, you might try going back to your results page and exploring one of your other highly-rated type possibilities (or, schedule a profiling session with me to help you figure out your type).
Otherwise, if we're on the right track, let's see what's next.
You struggle with procrastination, getting started, and following through
How would your life be different if you could transform…
- Putting important things off, and feeling lazy
- Feeling like you're just waiting for your goals and dreams to somehow happen on their own
- Changing your mind all the time, and feeling overwhelmed
- Getting the most important things done
- More energy, drive, and clarity on taking action toward your goals and dreams
- Feeling accountable, and skillfully balancing your head and your heart
It's hard for you to make decisions, and you dream of dropping everything to move away somewhere
What would it be worth to shift...
- Coming up with all sorts of ideas but never actually finishing them
- Trouble with time management
- Struggling to choose a career, or working a job that's "ok" but definitely not making the kind of impact you want to be in the world
- Clarity on where to best spend your energy, which ideas to focus on, and what you really want
- Waking up energized, and feeling consistent motivation to take action on your ideas
- Working on projects that deeply fulfill you, and not having to dread going to work
You're pretty hard on yourself. You struggle with confidence, self-esteem, and depressed or anxious feelings
How would it feel to go…
- Insecurity, fear of failure, worrying what others think of you, wondering if you matter
- Feeling lonely, lacking authentic relationships and nuanced conversations
- Worrying about if it's ok to truly express yourself
- Walking into a room with a strong sense of confidence, self-worth, and purpose
- Authentic relationships with people who really see you, and who can meet you in deeply feeling feelings
- Experiencing a strong sense of self-acceptance and comfort in self-expression
I'm Michael, and I help people transform
I spent most of my 20's and early 30's waiting for my "real life" to start.
I had been completely stuck in my head and out of touch with my feelings and needs. I had no idea how to ask for what I needed to feel deeply nourished. I didn't feel connected to anything outside myself, and I was lonely and stuck. I kept thinking about my dreams and potential, but it was hard to find the motivation to move toward something different.
I finally couldn't take it anymore, so I devoted three years to pushing myself outside my comfort zone to transform my life. I learned a lot about getting things done in a healthy and sustainable way, knowing what I need to feel energized and driven, and finding the right balance between my analytical mind and my embodied emotions.
I created my life purpose, made some dramatic changes to myself and my lifestyle, and finally began to understand what self-love and authentic aliveness feel like.
I'd like to help you feel that too.
I would like to earn your trust as I have with these people:
“Michael listened and wanted to know what would work for us. He didn't just give us a cookie cutter training. He simplified concepts in a way that allowed us to understand.”
—Anonymous feedback from a workshop for senior executives at a Fortune 1000 company
“In relatively short notice, Michael stepped in and let our Senior Leadership Team through a very impactful workshop on an incredibly important topic. We couldn't have started this journey without him.”
—Trever, Technology Director
“I kept walking away with one refreshing insight after another... Michael admirably applies praise where deserved and tends to avoid positivity for positivity’s sake. He does not judge – he seeks to understand. His inquisitive nature and mannerisms are a refreshing blend of friendly banter, humor, and understanding that are hard to find and very much appreciated.
There is great peace of mind in knowing that at least one person outside of my family can be absolutely trusted with my most confidential musings about my career.
He has an uncanny ability to say something back to me in a way that’s more coherent than how I first said it. When I hear my thoughts stated back to me it brings a certain permanence, conviction, and power to them I am challenged to replicate on my own.
I can’t thank Michael enough, and I wholeheartedly encourage you to take advantage of his gift.”
—Ryan, Director at a Fortune 10 Company
“I feel like I am in a good place now after our last session. Everything is falling into place and I feel good. Thanks so much for your help.”
“Michael inspires me with his pursuit for learning and improvement. He continues to wow the client, finding over 40 opportunities that could enable the client to achieve greater outcomes in only the first week. He recently shared his results with the CIO and his directs. His empathy, listening, and strong consulting skills have shown up well and opened the door to help with future strategic initiatives.”
—Jeff, Senior Program Leader
How can I work with you? How much do you charge?
Thanks for your interest in coaching with me. Below you'll find information on several types of offerings: one-on-one coaching, group coaching & workshops, and my blog.
I've thought a lot about the most logical, fair, and ethical way to price my services.
Conversations about money tend to bring out a lot of feelings (on both sides), and I want to approach that complexity with the nuance and care it deserves.
So, my pricing model requires just a little more work to understand than "pay me $X," but I hope you'll be willing to spend a few minutes reading through it.
If you're curious, I wrote a whole blog post where I break down in detail how I arrived at this set of policies, but below are the cliffsnotes.
My goal is to be able to serve a variety of people in my practice—including people from groups who have typically had less access to coaching.
At the same time, this is my primary source of income and I need to be able to run a sustainable business.
Here's the model I've arrived at:
Sliding-scale (variable pricing):
I offer the same service at multiple prices based on need. I’m relying on the honor system, and paying the highest price you can afford allows me to offer the lower-cost options to people who couldn't otherwise afford coaching.
Pay for sessions in bundles of three:
This simplifies payments for both of us, and I've found that it makes our relationship feel less transactional. Plus, it takes at least a few sessions to really begin to see the effects of coaching. (Yes, you’ll likely leave even the first session with some powerful insights, but real transformation takes time.) If paying for three sessions at once feels challenging for you, let's talk about it.
First session is free:
Before asking you to pay anything, let's make sure we're the right fit for each other. So much of coaching comes down to trust, chemistry, and connection. Each coach has a different style, so I want to make sure you feel comfortable with mine.
Commit to at least two sessions per month:
Most of my clients choose to see me every week, but I've found that twice a month is the *minimum* cadence necessary for the strong relationship that I build with my clients. It helps me feel aware of what's going on in your life so I'm better able to support you. And, you'll make faster progress toward your goals.
Most importantly, let’s be real with each other:
I’m not a big faceless corporation charging one fixed price for a product, and you’re a complex human with a lot of different types of expenses in your life. It’s often uncomfortable to talk about money, but let’s have a real authentic conversation about what you can afford that’s fair to both of us. Let's come at this as a team trying to solve a challenge together.
My Sliding Scale
These numbers and rules aren’t set in stone. But it's hard to answer if I just ask you which number feels right. So, I've offered some tangible examples to make it easier (and there's some wiggle room around the salary ranges if you have a lot of other non-luxury expenses, e.g., out-of-pocket medical costs).
Please do your own research if you'd like a comparison for coaching rates, but I can tell you that $200 USD is a common price charged by my peers with similar experience.
Here are my rates for a 50-minute session (again, this is the same service being offered at each price tier):
Which one best describes your situation?
- You can afford to go on an international vacation every year (staying at hotels, eating out)
- You regularly make $200+ USD purchases (beyond necessities like groceries) without needing to save up
- You make roughly: $120,000 or higher USD per year (before tax, including bonuses, etc.)
- You can afford to go on a modest vacation every few years (staying at hotels, eating out)
- You regularly make $50+ USD purchases (beyond necessities like groceries) without needing to save up
- You make roughly: $50,000–$120,000 USD per year (before tax, including bonuses, etc.)
- You have very little disposable income available after paying for basic necessities (rent, utilities, groceries, etc.)
- You make roughly: Under $50,000 USD per year (before tax, including bonuses, etc.)
(very limited slots)
Group Coaching, Workshops, and Free Content
Are you an ENTP or INTP? Learn more about Synthesis, my transformational program exclusively for NTP's.
For all types: You can sign up below to be the first to hear about my new programs, tools, and writing (I don't send out emails very often).
If paid coaching doesn't fit into your current financial situation, you can check out my free tools and blog posts.