Every INTP is a bit different, but how does this sound?
- You're an unmatched rational thinker. You're endlessly knowledgeable, and people can rely on you to thoroughly examine a problem and provide the most logically-sound analysis.
- At the same time, you probably have more of a soft side than people imagine. You're likely sensitive and humble inside, and you really care about doing the right thing and finding the right answer that will make a difference.
- You can struggle with social cues, office politics, and other subtleties of social relationships. You might get frustrated when people mess with each other or subtly imply things instead of just saying what they mean and explaining themselves.
- It's important to you to be correct, and you can sometimes get too caught up in proving that you're right. It's especially annoying when people question your logic if they don't have a valid counter-argument.
- You can struggle with knowing when to rely on sources you trust versus doing your own research to make sure you've explored all the possible perspectives. You might also find yourself torn between following tradition or best practices versus innovating and trying brand new ideas.
Does that resonate? If not, you might try going back to your results page and exploring one of your other highly-rated type possibilities.
(Torn between INTP and ENTP? Read my comparison here to help you decide.)
Confidence can be tricky for you, and you're always judging yourself and others.
How would your life be different if you could transform…
- Social anxiety, and worry about how others see you
- Confusion about how to approach social situations
- Struggling with small talk, loneliness, and trouble finding engaging friends
- Confidently walking into a room while deeply feeling your self-worth
- Skill in navigating group interactions and work politics
- Finding an awesome romantic partner and friends who can stimulate you and go deep
You want to fill the void and make sure you're on the right life path.
How would it feel to go…
- Feelings of depression and nihilism
- Feeling unhappy at work, and having to conform to arbitrary, illogical rules and schedules
- Not feeling aligned with the values or mission you're having to follow
- Aliveness and excitement about life
- Owning your own schedule, achieving financial independence, and making a big impact on the world
- Living aligned with your deepest values and doing the work that's part of your life purpose
You want to take action on your amazing ideas, but you procrastinate (it's hard to choose which idea to focus on).
What would it be worth to shift…
- Running out of energy so quickly, and feeling like the way you spend your time is a mess
- Struggling to decide where you fit in and which path you should be taking in life
- Feeling overwhelmed by ideas (and choosing between them) but never taking action and actually following through on them
- Waking up energized, feeling motivated to pursue what's most important to you, and owning your time management
- Figuring out what you're truly best at and living authentically
- Focus and clarity on where you should be spending your energy and feeling skilled at decisively making choices
I'm Michael—a fellow NTP—and I help people transform
I spent most of my 20's and early 30's waiting for my "real life" to start.
I felt like I was treading water—I had endless ideas, and I knew I was capable of a lot. But I kept getting bored and moving on to the next possibility instead of actually finishing anything and making the impact I wanted to make on the world.
I had been completely stuck in my head and out of touch with my feelings and needs. I knew that I hated surface-level conversations, but I didn't understand how to create something different. So, I ended up just judging other people as shallow or simple-minded, and I felt disconnected and lonely.
I finally couldn't take it anymore, so I devoted three years to pushing myself outside my comfort zone to transform my life. I learned a lot about creating consistent motivation, making decisions, and leading a life I was excited about.
I created my life purpose, made some dramatic changes to myself and my lifestyle, and began following through on the ideas I was most excited about. Through all that, I finally began to understand what self-love and authentic aliveness feel like.
I'd like to help you feel that too.
I work with leaders at companies like:
Plus, employees and entrepreneurs from 6 continents—in industries as diverse as crypto, government, education, tech startup, health & wellness, and beyond.
My client list includes executives & founders, product managers, teachers, doctors, consultants, artists, coaches, grad school students, data analysts, a librarian, a zookeeper, and more.
I'd like to earn your trust, as I have with these people:
This experience has been life-changing. Michael is very helpful, respectful, and an interesting person that I look forward to seeing every time.
I knew within 30 seconds of our first call that Michael was someone I wanted by my side.
Here was someone who could finally see me, as I truly was deep down. And that eventually helped me fully see myself.
Back then, it felt like life was acting upon me, and I was suffering professionally and in my relationships.
I really don’t feel any of that now. I had been grasping for solutions through a certain lens, and Michael helped me find a completely different set of lenses that make everything look different.
Those negative feelings haven’t all gone away entirely. But my reality has completely changed, and I feel so much more able to meet them those challenges.
Michael's program felt very much like Jedi training on Dagobah with Master Yoda.
I feel like I am in a great place now after our last session. Everything is falling into place and I feel good. Thanks so much for your help.
I kept walking away with one refreshing insight after another. Michael admirably applies praise where deserved and tends to avoid positivity for positivity’s sake. He does not judge – he seeks to understand. His inquisitive nature and mannerisms are a refreshing blend of friendly banter, humor, and understanding that are hard to find and very much appreciated.
There is great peace of mind in knowing that at least one person outside of my family can be absolutely trusted with my most confidential musings about my career.
He has an uncanny ability to say something back to me in a way that’s more coherent than how I first said it. When I hear my thoughts stated back to me it brings a certain permanence, conviction, and power to them I am challenged to replicate on my own.
I can’t thank Michael enough, and I wholeheartedly encourage you to take advantage of his gift.
Perhaps you are a person who gets sucked into tunnel vision and struggles to remain present and enjoy the process without obsessing over future outcomes. A person who wishes you had a translator for your own thoughts.
If so, time spent with Michael may be just what you need. His gentle, open-minded insights make him the perfect sounding board for intuitive persons who face the daily struggle of feeling misunderstood.
Michael has helped me to examine my own thought patterns and motivations more objectively. He is a truly gifted counselor, and time with him has proved to be a valuable step toward acquiring deeper self-knowledge.
I’m getting stuck in overthinking so much less often.
It’s like my gut instinct is coming to me now with a whole army instead of just a few horsemen.
I feel I have been heard. Michael is truly open minded. His responses were for me specifically and not just for all *NTPs.
He has been a genuine and honest set of bricks to start building a foundation with. He conveys positive messages in a way that makes me consider them deeply.
I could walk away from working with him at any point and feel accomplished and sated, but I don't because every session has proven useful.
I couldn’t say he is everyone’s cup of tea because that does not exist, but if previous attempts at self improvement have gone poorly for you, I wouldn’t write off searching until you've looked into his offerings.
I feel lucky to have Michael on my team. We started working together as I was planning a life transition. He supported me by guiding me past self-doubt and into my body's natural sense of where it wants to go — clarity.
In our ongoing work, Michael provides open-ended perspectives on situations that I can tend to see as more closed-off. He has so many tools, resources, and experiences that give me confidence that he can add a lot to my journey. Our sessions give me a boost and let me step forward with some really healthy attitudes.
The insights and ideas we shared together took me from a very restless and uncertain Point A, to the trail with a map and the makings of a plan, to a Point B that aligns with my values and needs.
For now, I will live in this moment that I’ve worked toward. Thank you for helping me get here.
“Michael listened and wanted to know what would work for us. He didn't just give us a cookie cutter training. He simplified concepts in a way that allowed us to understand.”
—Anonymous feedback from a workshop for senior executives at a Fortune 1000 company
“In relatively short notice, Michael stepped in and let our Senior Leadership Team through a very impactful workshop on an incredibly important topic. We couldn't have started this journey without him.”
—Trever (INTP), technology director at a top management consulting firm
How can I work with you? How much do you charge?
Thanks for your interest in coaching with me. Below you'll find information on several types of offerings: one-on-one coaching, group coaching & workshops, and my blog.
I've put a lot of thought into the most logical, fair, and ethical way to price my services.
Conversations about money tend to bring out a lot of feelings (on both sides), and I want to approach that complexity with the nuance and care it deserves.
So, this will require just a little more work to understand than "pay me $X."
If you're curious, I wrote a whole philosophical article where I break down in detail how I arrived at this set of policies. (All this has evolved a bit too since I wrote that post back in early 2021.)
I intentionally aim to serve a variety of people in my practice—including groups who have typically had less access to coaching (e.g., 43% of my clients are people of color).
At the same time, this is my primary source of income, and I need to be able to run a sustainable business.
So, here's the model I've arrived at:
Sliding-scale (variable pricing):
I offer the same service at multiple price points based on need (honor system, no proof required). But paying the highest price you can afford allows me to offer much lower-priced coaching to people who couldn't otherwise afford it.
Pay for sessions in bundles of three:
This simplifies the bureaucracy and makes our relationship feel less transactional. If paying for three sessions at once feels challenging for you, let's talk about it.
First session is free:
Let's make sure we're the right fit for each other. So much of coaching comes down to trust, chemistry, and connection. Each coach has a different style, so I want to make sure you feel comfortable with mine.
Commit to at least two sessions per month:
Roughly half my clients see me weekly, and half every other week. I sometimes make exceptions to see people less frequently, but that slows our progress and makes it harder for me to stay up-to-date with your life.
Most importantly, let’s be real with each other:
I’m not a big faceless corporation charging one fixed price for a product. And you’re a complex human with a lot of different types of expenses in your life. Let’s have a real authentic conversation about what you can afford that’s fair to both of us. Let's come at this as a team trying to solve a challenge together.
My Sliding Scale
Please do your own research if you'd like a comparison for coaching rates.
But I can tell you that $200-500 USD per session is a common price charged by my peers with similar experience and credentials.
Below are my rates for a 50-minute session (again, this is the same service being offered at each price tier).
Here's what else you'll get by working with me:
- I'll start off by sending you a detailed questionnaire to help us get to know each other—and, more importantly, to help you get crystal clear on your goals for coaching.
- I'll customize my coaching style based on your personality type (I'm very familiar with several powerful typing systems).
- This isn't one-size-fits-all advice. We'll co-create a unique personal growth trajectory just for you. I'll bring in techniques from Co-Active coaching, Hakomi counseling, and much more—whatever is most appropriate for your specific challenges.
- You'll be the first to hear about my new projects, tools, Mastermind groups, and other offerings.
- You'll also get access to me via email between sessions (for example, if you'd like me to review your resume or answer a time-sensitive question). And, as we work together, I might share worksheets, articles, or podcasts that make me think of you.
Which one best describes your situation?
Standard Rate A
- You earn over $170K USD/year
- Or, you can buy pretty much whatever you want without saving up
- Or, your company will be paying for this
- Bonus: By paying this rate, you allow me to offer lower-priced coaching to someone with a marginalized identity (thank you!)
Standard Rate B
- You earn over $120K USD/year (before tax, including bonuses)
- Or, you regularly spend $200+ USD on non-necessities without needing to save up
- You earn under $120K USD/year (before tax, including bonuses)
- Or, you regularly spend $50+ USD on non-necessities without needing to save up
(often waitlist only)
- You earn under $50K USD/year (before tax, including bonuses) and have very little disposable income (after paying for basic necessities)
- And, you identify as part of a historically marginalized group such as LGBTQIA+ or BIPOC (or you face other systemic discrimination)
Group Coaching, Workshops, and Free Content
I'll likely be opening up a new group coaching cohort soon, so please sign up below to be the first to hear about my new programs, tools, and writing.
If paid coaching doesn't fit into your current financial situation, you can check out my free tools and blog posts.